Friday, August 27, 2010

My Back Yard Find

Hi Folks,
It's been awhile since I posted anything here. But last night was the best....almost!

Miss Daisy and I took a stroll in the back yard. We have our favorite spots to check out - neighbor's fence where the big white dog lives, side of the house where the rabbits frequent to get into the front yard, around the shed where the baby rabbits hide.

And did we ever find the coolest chew! We kept it in the yard as long as we could without being discovered. And yes I had to roll in it some. Miss Daisy doesn't have the skills (or brain) to know about rolling yet so I am the keeper of the goods.

So it was well past our time to go inside so Miss Daisy barked at the door for us - afterall I had my mouth full!

When the door opened Miss Daisy ran in and I sneaked past her and ran quickly with my prize to the front door and around the other side of the couch.  Of course, my lady is smart to notice I didn't run in my regular pattern when I came in or sniff out the water bowl like I always do. I really must work on my techniques I guess.

So she chased me to the playpen, where I was hoping to hide this wonderful smelly, slick and slimy treasure. If I could hide it long enough, maybe she wouldn't notice that I picked it up as I was being lifted in the play pen. Then I could have hid it under my blankey and rolled in it any time I wanted.  No, she just had to freak out and yell something about what do you have - you can't have that - it stinks.

Humans are such weird creatures! This was a lot better than those stupid rawhide things she brings home for us. Just think of all the protein I'm could have gotten.

And I would have shared with Miss Daisy. We trade off chewing on our best bones.

Anyway, the next thing that happened is my lady swooped up my delicious dish and THREW IT IN THE TRASH!  And the trash can is off limits for me for sure..........and you know I don't understand all that ranting and raving about how smelly I am....and now I have to have a bath. I tried to hide but there's no hiding from this woman when it's bath time!  So off we go and I dare not complain!  She actually used more suds than normal!  Why do I need my face washed?

Then finally my rinse...and the towel is the best part!  She gives a good rub down for a human. Finally I get out of her grasp and away I go!  Running all over the house gives me a lot of pleasure - no one could catch me - but they do try!  HeeHee

So now she chases Miss Daisy - but she likes the bath and she's stupid and just goes with her.  Now I have the living room rugs to myself while she is rub-a-dub-ing Miss Daisy.  Nice!

Soon Miss Daisy came out wet and wild looking with all that long hair!  We spend about 10 minutes running and drying off.  And then it was picture time - wasn't the bath humiliating enough?  No she had to have us pose and then the flash in our eyes.

Oh well - I feel good now!  Tomorrow is another day and we'll be looking for the next prize - maybe we'll get to keep it!

Mrs. Beasley here signing off till next time!

No comments: